View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 10:05 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Back in the day (1988-1991) when I was living in California, Bob Lee and Randy Thyberg put on some great shows in the LA and San Francisco areas. They didn't need to call it a "National" although I think Bob might've hosted one or two of those too. Why can't somebody put on some major shows around the country that have nothing to do with The National?

Generally, I think what is dealer-friendly is also collector and fan-friendly. More dealers = more stuff. I've never seen the point of the corporate setups (besides the money it probably generates for the promoter.) To me, the corporate sponsor stuff is a lot like having to suffer through commercials while watching a great show on TV.

Some prominent people in this hobby could make a bunch of money and help all of us by teaming up and offering major shows a few times a year. Maybe three types: vintage centric, memorabilia and uniform centric, modern centric, in Atlanta, Minneapolis, and Los Angeles one year, then Cleveland, Dallas, and San Francisco the next, etc.