View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 06:19 AM
P.aul Orl,in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Actually the Ruth selection is not big except the Goudey’s however the Ruth’s that are here are higher end and really nice eye appeal. But the prices on some are competitive and 1 vendor was so so over priced on Ruth and Jackson even above a “Nationals Markup”. I mean they wanted $55k for a rookie Joe Jackson PSA 1 and a 1921 exhibit Ruth $20k for an SGC 1.5 as an example and also a 1922 e121 American caramel Ruth holding ball a 1.5 for $33k
I hear you, i saw the same things. I have been at Nationals since 1991 (when i felt then that i missed the “good old days!”), but not for a few years. The new grading standards, particularly recent SGC (unless you have a connection and a stain), are so tough that 1’s and 2’s can be like old 4/5s, and 4’s can look like 7/8 to me. So never a better time to buy the card not the holder, but the change is massively confusing and pricing all over the place.

One MAJOR complaint is tables of graded cards with no prices….it’s very annoying to have to look through cards and try to find something you like and have no idea how a dealer’s pricing is. I only had one day and wanted to cruise because i was just looking for a few needs/wants, so I get that all i had to do was see a few to know if the dealer is realistic or not…

Anyway, for things i was looking for (vintage hockey, A Ruth exhibit 1922, a T3 i needed, and more early baseball), it was pretty limited.

The modern stuff was packed and all over, i bet it’s fun but i look at the tables and the glossy cards and i just dont know how to even know what I am looking at. Good luck to modern collectors!