View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 01:49 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Scammer Tale from yesterday

I had posted an interest in buying raw 1948 Topps Magic Photo baseball or sports or non sports in that series. Got a photo sent to me of a PSA 5 Babe Ruth.... the question... WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET? They guy had zero posts and just a member for 24 hours! What could go wrong? Just for fun, I asked him his price.....$1000. The scan of the front only was from the PSA website. I told him no maybe more like $350.... and he said yes but you have to hurry! haha so I asked for a back scan plus another scan from a different angle of the front "to check for surface imperfections". I got a new scan right away! Check out the original and the new scan...... any red flags there???? I then told him oh my someone else just offered me the same card for $275..... and he dropped it to $250 in 30 seconds!! Wanted my payment quickly hahaha..... now the clincher.... I told him I already sent the payment to the other guy in cash as requested and I was soooo excited to get that new Babe Ruth card! I could hear his tears dropping like rain when he knew another scammer had gotten to me first!! Thought that would be the end..... but no, here comes a Connie Mack same series PSA 7...... told him I was all tapped out for the rest of the year and that was that. A days entertainment for me.......and yes I did send him to Leon who banned him at once ( but the PMs kept coming anyhow) ..... next day a new zero poster says GDAY MATE I THINK I HAVE ONE OF THESE IN MY GARAGE..... hahahha sounds like Outback steak House..... another Leon ban !! PS check out the PSA numbers on the 2 scans of the "same" card he sent from 2 different angles....LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5eddb70c66c71c3804289288d0d30f54.jpg (39.6 KB, 1153 views)
File Type: jpg 54365736088c539e46f9b990682dfe54.jpg (115.1 KB, 1165 views)