View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 10:46 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
A PWCC premier auction just closed. In it were two cards that sold a year prior. These are the same exact cards being sold again (not just same grade, but exact same cards)

One was a 1952 Topps Jackie Robinson, PSA 8. It sold in REA’s spring 2021 auction for $384,000 and the exact same card just sold in PWCC’s auction for $276,000.

Meanwhile, a t206 Magie error, PSA 2 sold in Heritage in May of 2021 for $20,400, and the exact same card just sold in PWCC for $24,000, a record for the grade

The Jackie is down 28% in a year and the Magie error (again same exact cards) is up 17.5% over the same period.

I understand it’s only one example, but it is interesting considering both are major cards, both were sold in major AH in spring 2021 and both were sold by same AH a few days ago with very different results.

Thoughts?
Great Post
I made a post about this on Facebook Yesterday here is my take on it 👍

The Tale of The Past Two Years to Where are We are at now. 1952 Topps PSA 8 Jackie Robinson this beautiful Example Sold 4/18/2021 in REA for $384,000. Just over a year ago. Yesterday PWCC Premier Auction Ended with the Same Exact Card, selling for $276,000. Was it a good buy a year ago at that price ? I’m not sure. It is my opinion this is the best PSA 8 of recent past 5 years to come to auction, I think the investor tried to bump the card, PSA didn’t bump it but I thought it had a shot.

Where have all the PWCC Pumping Fanboys Gone ? Is the fanboy vault crowd gone?

I wonder if Heritage Goldin PWCC are you still taking Bitcoin’s?

The Big Money Investment Guys Are Definitely Concerned and Paying Attention to the current state of the US Economy and Card Market.
If only the investor would have held a few more years it’s my option this is a great long term investment and this would have easily sold for more in a strong market.

Just my take great card.