View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 07:33 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
If I may ask a related question (without subverting your thread)...

What's the deal with a cracked slab in this scenario? I have a pair of them holding 'important' cards and would like to get them reholdered. Does the fee only pertain to breaking a card out of a non-damaged slab? In other words, does the fee include them examining the card to ensure it wasn't damaged by the breaking of said slab? Or is that a whole different can of worms?
It's up to their discretion whether or not the crack is symptomatic of the card either being damaged or swapped out. If they deem no damage or swap possibility, then they reholder with the original grade. If they believe there is a chance the card is damaged/swapped, they'll likely email you to get your permission to crack it out, regrade (with new submission costs), and likely regrade the card. I don't know whether or not the Grade Guarantee would apply to a slab they consider damaged, and whether you'd get cut a check for the difference if they come in lower.
Your best bet is to take them to an on-site grading location like the National, and discuss it with the employees before submitting.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.