View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 09:15 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire View Post
Haha! Well, then that was a missed opportunity for both of us...if you would have written a fun article on it for Beckett back in the day, then maybe I would have gotten to see my name in print just like Bill Avery did for pointing out the Cordova error
I had two stints writing E&V -- the 1st was just a bear trying to keep up with all the errors on the new cards (at the time) and it was difficult to make them real interesting.

The 2nd stint was more fun for all concerned and I wrote three side bar aritcles a month (Almanac Set of the Month, Auction Item of the month (Not usually the most expensive of course, and E&V Card of the month. As you see, people remember and loved the 2nd iteration of E&V because there was a chance their name, like Bill's would end up in print. And a side note, the article which drew the most reaction from readers via email was one I did on a typo in the Nolan Ryan RC text. It took several reprint sets before the typo was corrected.

The whole key to these stories was for the item or the player to have an interesting back story which made the card even more interesting. As you see on the Cordova, I referred to an earlier error with just as amazing as a stat goof.

Rich