View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 05:17 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
Just got a submission back from CSG of S74 silks. Just wanted them in slabs to protect the cards and felt that the service was actually fair and good. Cards were graded for $20 whick was certainly better that the armed robbery that SGC tried to pull off on the same cards that I told them to send back as the charges they wanted were ridiculous. i will still use SGC for normal submissions but for what I was looking for, this was a cost reasonable alternative.
Ken,

That's cool. Didn't know they graded silks. What did you have graded, white silks, colored silks, or both? And if you did have some white silks graded, did any have the advertising backs still attached?

And of course I'm curious as to how good a job you think they did in the grading. I know for the white version silks, if SGC grades one without the advertising back still attached, they will only give the silk an "A" authentic grade. The back has to still be attached to get a numeric grade. And of course, since the white ad-backed silks were normally folded when put into cigarette packs, SGC graded them accordingly due to the creases across the middle. Would love to hear what you thought of CSG's grades they gave you then.