View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 04:37 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Bob, you are missing the point. PWCC on eBay was one of the sleaziest operations in the hobby. Heaven to shill bidders and card doctors of all ilks. Them getting the boot from eBay was a decision to disassociate from an enterprise with a horrible track record of harming collectors. CSG, unfortunately, has decided that the honor is in the dollar. To me, it is the equivalent of deciding to work with a drug dealer: just because you aren't slinging crack rock doesn't excuse a decision to work with someone who is. Just ewww.

IMO also a bad corporate PR move for CSG. if you lay down with dogs you're gonna get up with fleas. I was an early submitter to CSG and was considering further subs. Now, not.
Adam,

I don't disagree it seems like a dumb move. Was just hoping it wouldn't immediately descend to just another bashing thread, but so much for hope. I spelled out some points that I thought might have been behind CSG's decision to go forward with this partnership despite PWCC's bad rep, but no one has brought up anything I put forth yet.

I still see CSG struggling to gain recognition and hobby acceptance. It would seem to me that the more graded cards in their holders they can get out there circulating in the hobby, the faster they'll get the recognition and acceptance they're looking for. If they had decided to pass up on this deal with PWCC, exactly what else would you suggest they have done to quickly ramp up their grading of cards then? In pretty much all of the auctions I've been looking at lately, I'm not seeing CSG graded cards very often, if at all even. So, what are they supposed to do, not go with PWCC who'll get their name and graded cards out in the hobby? Will this stop you and others from ever buying a CSG graded card then? That was what at least one other poster in this thread seemed to imply. And if that is the case, I have to then ask if you and others who may now be against buying CSG graded cards, due to this new CSG/PWCC partnership, are still buying any PSA graded cards? Because if memory serves, wasn't PSA formerly the grading company that PWCC was primarily running all the altered cards they were getting consigned from the card doctors through for grading? I would sincerely hope not. Because if people are still buying and owning PSA cards, while completely ignoring CSG cards, that would indicate to me that those people are hypocrites.

Bottom line I believe is that CSG doesn't give a rat's ass what you, I, or the rest of Net54 think. We don't speak for the entire hobby community, and they need to take care of their business, not worry about a bunch of whiny malcontents like us.

As I had previously stated, I think the real test will come after CSG starts churning out submissions, and whether or not the BODA guys, or others, start discovering more and more altered cards in CSG graded slabs. Until then, I'll defer final judgement, and at least try to give CSG some benefit of the doubt. I think that is only fair. But if others don't, so be it.