View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 05:23 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskim View Post
A few years back when REA has an outage on the auction ending night and they ended up waived all the shipping charges for that auction. Is it going to be the case this time given that extra night helped them to pocket millions more $. I am still waiting for an email for such announcement.
My invoice had normal shipping charges so looks like the answer to your question is no.

I don't think it's a given that the extra day of the auction resulted in so much additional bidding. Extended bidding usually sees plenty of action and the issues they had Sunday night prevented some number of people from being able to bid then. Just because a lot was bid up on Monday doesn't mean the same bidding wouldn't have happened on Sunday night during extended bidding if there hadn't been any problems.

While the extra day may have led to some people deciding to bid more, it is just as likely that others would have decided not to bid more because of what happened so the overall impact of the extra day could very well have been minimal or even negative.