View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 08:25 AM
DR
David R@tliff

More time means people get an opportunity to re-evaluate. For those who did their homework, set their budgets and prepared for the actual auction end, what happened was a punch to the groin because it made a lot of that effort less useful and far less valuable - particularly since the extension was effectively another entire day.

I lost a card that I believe I was absolutely about to win, and actually did win a couple different times on Sunday night, because someone had a chance to spend the entire day Monday recalibrating prices. Good for the consignor, good for that bidder I guess, sucks for me but that's the breaks.

For consignors, there's "opportunity" as a result of that day, which is ultimately a free option, even if no additional bids come through.

What eeks me, and I'm sure many others, is that putting in the work to actually be prepared and ready to go so frequently is rendered less valuable by events like this, whether we're talking auction closes or just life in general. Those who prepare should have an advantage and be rewarded for their efforts, and changing the rules as the scoreboard is about to go final nullifies that in some sense.

Anyway, thankfully this is collecting, and there's always something else...

I'll post my wins after they come in.