View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 07:39 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I will take a different spin: who would I like my child to look at as a role model?

Barney Ross (patriotism and selflessness), Aaron (grace), Robinson (courage), Clemente (humanity)

Per Wikipedia: "In retirement in his early thirties, Ross enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in April 1942 to fight in World War II. ... He was sent to the Pacific theater. He served with B Company, 1st Battalion, 8th Marines during the Battle of Guadalcanal in the South Pacific. One night, he and three other comrades were trapped under enemy fire. All four were wounded; Ross was the only one able to fight. Ross gathered his comrades' rifles and grenades and single-handedly fought nearly two dozen Japanese soldiers over an entire night, killing them all by morning. Two of the Marines died, but he carried the third on his shoulders to safety; the other man weighed 230 lb (104 kg) compared to Ross' 140 lb (64 kg). Ross was awarded America's third highest military honor, the Silver Star, as well as a presidential citation. ... He was inducted into the Marine Corps Sports Hall of Fame in the Class of 2006."

"There is no shortcut in life. You have to take it one step at a time and work hard. And you have to give back.

“Life is not a spectator sport. If you’re going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you’re wasting your life.”

"If you have a chance to accomplish something that will make things better for people coming behind you, and you don't do that, you are wasting your time on this earth."

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-19-2022 at 02:07 PM.