View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 01:31 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
Hey Paul,

Paper labels and I would say early to mid 1930s although I havent been able to date the Batter Up brand.

I bought the Three Bagger bottle from you on ebay probably a year ago. Not sure if I ever posted it in the pickup thread when I received it.

Would definitely like to see the other bottle you have. I'm not necessarily a bottle collector but they are good display material.

Thanks again!
Michael
Love the Three Bagger bottle as well over here! That’s a great display piece and one of the few baseball themed alcohol bottles so freshly off the 18th amendment I have seen. That Red Sox and the Pirate Club bottles way up are insane.

The Batter Up seems to be more common but I love your examples, especially the larger ones for display pieces. Hard to find info on those as the alcohol bottle folks don't seem to gravitate to the nonalcoholic mixers as collectibles and as they are not alcoholic they would never have a tax stamp to date them.

My theory would be that the smaller one is the oldest and would date to prohibition based on the hospital and medical description on the label. Most drinking was done under the guise of a prescription during that time and the labeling reflects that.

The larger examples are clear that they are a carbonated flavoring for bourbon on the label and that would seemingly dictate post prohibition and 33-40 timeframe. They could also be pre-prohibition as well, but to have a pre20s carbonated soda would be impressive. The small narrow necking of the bottle is likely to help keep in the “sparkling” when sealed.

I would guess it would possibly be an early 7up type product but would love to see better advertising matter to know what it could have tasted like!

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 04-15-2022 at 01:49 AM.