View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 02:02 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
Sorry, I don’t mean to insinuate there were bid retractions for this auction. I was just pointing out that some of the bidders in the auctions have high retractions and am curious if this is the new norm? I remember being able to set my eBay setting to not allow anyone with X amount of bid retractions or fewer than X feedback and so on. I do not sell a lot on eBay, but if I was, is it foolish of me to have settings like this because it could potentially block out bigger bidders who bid like this in todays market. I just know it used to be frowned upon to be a buyer with retractions in the double if not triple digits.

I do know how tough those SP’s are in the T205 set. Those are all great looking cards and present very well. Imo, that Harmon is a 3, so it’s great to see something to use as a new comparable considering how scarce they are.

There's never been any way to filter serial retracting bidders out of your auctions. Only bidders who have been hit with a certain number of non-paying bidder notices.

All you can really do is manually block them, after they F with your auctions.

The reason why a lot of them were still active, is because the larger Ebay auction houses refused to block them from their auctions after getting hit with retractions by them.

You can see the 2nd high bidder with all the 132 retractions, hasn't had any since Ebay outlawed retractions in the Trading Card category.

They can still screw with an auction, and request a cancellation after the win, however.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 04-13-2022 at 01:47 AM.