View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
I disagree. Why not just email the auction house and point out the mistake? There is no reason to post it here other than trying to make the auction house look bad. Someone just made a mistake when listing the card. We all make mistakes.
Notice I did not mention the name of the AH in my thread header or even in my post. And I promptly gave them props, by name, when they corrected the listing. I was not trying to make the auction house look bad. Rather, I was posting a sincere question based on a clear and obvious mistake that a 5 year old should not make - the flip is clearly a PSA 9, yet the title said, in all bold, “Gem Mint PSA 10” and the first sentence of the (short) description had the same mis-statement. And, the value difference between a 9 and a 10 is, I assume, exponential (by multiples). I would think that such obvious mistakes are made bc AHs are understaffed (or don’t have enough competent staff) in relation to the volume of auctions and items in an auction. As others have discussed, this is hardly the first or only time an AH has made a mistake (even a butt-ass obvious and material mistake) and it seems it’s happening more frequently across other AHs.

So I used this example to start a discussion as to whether certain AHs have grown too big, too soon, that it affects quality, customer service, etc

Trust me, when I want to make someone or something look bad, I am very clear about my intentions and I am not passive aggressive - you idiot (intended as a joke, kind of)

And BTW- I have had nothing but good experiences with Goldin. I bid confidently with them when they have items I want and I believe they are a solid outfit.

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 04-09-2022 at 03:02 PM.