View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 08:16 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show us some spiffy cards of your favorite T206 back....AB460 & UZIT are my favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenJon View Post
Ted, I can’t help myself and have to ask . . . You said there are 74 subjects with AB 460 backs. T206 Resource’s AB 460 checklist shows 75 confirmed subjects. Which subject on their list do you believe is a false positive? I don’t have a dog in this hunt, and I’m not working on an AB subset. So I don’t know the answer and haven’t done any research on this to date. You also know from our previous exchanges that T206 Resource still shows three false positives on its EPDG checklist (Pastorius, Hunky Shaw and Willett). So I’m making no presumptions that T206 Resource’s AB 460 list is correct. I’d just like to know. Getting 73 subjects with AB 460 backs is quite the accomplishment.

Here’s a link to their AB 460 checklist: https://t206resource.com/American%20...Checklist.html
Jon

Ames (hands over head) is the 75th card on T206Resource's AB 460 checklist.

It is absolute incorrect. I can give you several reasons why I say this, but 2 will do. I had this card listed in one of my early (circa 2008) AB460 threads because it was an input
in Bill Brown's T206 Super Set Xcel work-sheet (circa 2006) by a very dependable fellow.
Then when I came up with my "Mutually-Exclusive" theory regarding the 350/460 series, I realized that this Ames was never printed with an AB 460 back. I contacted the Net54
member who inputted that front/back combo to the Super Set. He checked his vast collection of T206's and admitted he has an Ames/CYCLE 460 which he by mistake inputted
this card as an AB 460.

2nd.....If you check-out T206 Reference Post #945, you will see that Red HINDU cards were printed with SWEET CAP 350-460 Factory #42 cards (AB 460 cards are absolutely
a NO-PRINT with this SC back). And with the exception of the Exclusive 12 subjects, AB 460 and Red HINDU cards are mutually-exclusive.
This Ames has been confirmed with a SWEET CAP 350-460 Factory #42 back. However, this Ames has yet to be confirmed with a Red HINDU back. I completely expect
it will eventually be discovered with a Red HINDU.
I predicted two other cards in recent years would be found with Red HINDU backs (Dougherty and Donlin)....and, they were.

TED Z