View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 05:56 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazz5 View Post
I decided to call his bluff. I asked to see pictures of the damage and said that depending on how bad it was I might still be interested. His response was this:

"Unfortunately it was destroyed. I through it away. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience."

I mean, I find it pretty insulting that he thinks I would believe this. Not sure what else can be done considering I havent even found a way to leave negative feedback. So irritating. Anyways, hope you all at least got a kick out of this if nothing else. Attaching a photo of the conversation for full effect.
This has happened to me twice in the last 5 or 6 months with Mantle items. The first one "got coffee spilled on it while packing". I asked for pictures of the stained photo and heard nothing back. The second was "sold on another venue and no longer available". I asked for a link to the sell and heard nothing back. If the seller cancels the sell and refunds your money, the item is closed and you cannot leave feedback. I contacted eBay and notified them about what happened and said I suspected the items were sold off eBay to another buyer to avoid eBay fees. I was thanked, told they would look into it, and also told that the results of their investigation would be private. I checked the sellers out later and they were still on eBay with no apparent negative blowback. I suspect they were given a slap on the wrist at best. It is extremely disappointing that I could not leave the sellers a negative feedback.