View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 02:08 PM
Daniel R.

Default Ebay user cbcardss3

Does anyone have any experience with this seller or know if he is a member on Net54? I recently purchased a Jeff Sweeney t206 card from him. It was graded 4(MC), but the photo was very clear and it was evident the card and holder were in great shape.

It was listed for $100 BIN, but the MC qualifier made me hold off, so I resorted to watching it to see if there was any subsequent price reduction. Fast forward a weeks, and I received an offer in my inbox for $80. I quickly accepted and was excited that I had gotten a cheap price for a sharp looking card (albeit with a qualifier).

A week goes by, and the seller notifies me today that the order was cancelled because, "Would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused but we cancelled the purchase of the T206 Jeff Sweeney card as we found it was damaged and would was not as described in the listing. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused."

Am I out of line to find this hard to believe? A little skeptical because I felt like I got a good deal. Any input on how to handle ebay cancellations would be appreciated.