View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 10:07 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I think communication is the biggest key to selling effectively and with little to no drama.
That is the bedrock of all good selling on virtual platforms. Also, big, clean scans. I also like to try and pre-empt the cons, bottom-feeders and trolls with specific procedural notes in my descriptions:

OK, I've decided to make everything clear to everyone right up front by answering the main questions I have gotten on other listings before you ask them again:

--No, I am not interested in any offers unless I put in a Best Offer option. Please do not PM me asking for my "best price" or asking for an early end to the auction: the answer is "no". If you like the card and think the price is fair then bid on it; if you don't, just move along to a different card.

--I am well aware of what the market is for most anything I sell; trying to "educate" me on pricing is not a negotiation tool, it is just being a tool. Don't be a tool.

--I don't care if you think the card is overgraded, undergraded, or graded just right, Goldilocks. Opinions are like...you know the rest.

--The photos are part of the description. Learn them. Know them. Live them.

--I am not going to tell you my opinion of the card. If you are grown up enough to buy an expensive card then look at the nice big photos (usually 400 dpi scans), put on the big boy pants, and make your own decision. If that does not appeal to you, just move along to the next card.

--I do not know what PSA, SGC, BVG, CSG or any other TPG might grade it. If you want a graded card, then BUY ONE.

--I will not ship internationally except through the eBay Global Shipping Program. Look, I know it costs more than direct shipment but that's for my protection. There are many great, honest, trustworthy people outside the USA who would never dream of lying about not receiving an item, but there are some thieving pigs who lie about delivery and cheat hardworking sellers like me, so the good folks get the short end of things because of the scoundrels. Sorry.

--When you do contact me, a little basic courtesy is always appreciated and politely reciprocated; stupid messages are ignored and nasty messages are ignored and then mercilessly mocked on hobby chat boards. I am a big mocker (those of you who speak Yiddish will appreciate that one).

--No Partial Refunds! If your item is damaged or non-conforming, please contact me. We will work it out. If your plan is to renegotiate the sale after the fact, don't bid, because I don't play that.

--I don't do sales tax fraud or customs fraud so don't even ask. Taxes are the price we pay for civilization. Just pay your taxes.

--I combine shipping for purchases with an automatic discount rule. Good for you, sucks for me...

--If I don't receive payment within four days of the close of an auction, I will cancel the sale and block you from further bidding in my auctions, unless you contact me, and we make other arrangements. Sometimes you want to bid on stuff that closes a few days later and save some shipping costs, which is fine, just let me know. Otherwise, just man up and pay for what you purchased, player.

So, now that we're clear on that...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...