View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 06:51 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
They are explaining to me that I can't ask graded card prices if my card isn't graded. I was like....how else are you supposed to determine condition?? I just think they want me to sell my NM cards are VG prices. That just isn't happening.
They're right though. You can't get graded card prices for raw cards. Even if you have a very high def scan of the card, and if it looks NM in the scans, the best you'll probably get is around EX-MT prices for it if it's raw. That's just how it works in these communities. PSA is consistently and reliably undergrading cards now. If you send in a NM vintage card, you can expect it to come back in a 5 or 6 holder today. It sucks, but it is what it is. Also, some flaws aren't visible in scans. And sometimes perfectly good cards get rejected by the grading companies for no apparent reason. The buyer assumes each of these risks when buying your raw cards. Not to mention grading itself is expensive nowadays. If you want graded NM pricing for your cards, you're gong to have to get out graded. Otherwise, you're just wasting everyone's time, including your own.

It's different at shows where someone can closely examine the card in hand before buying it. You might be able to get a bit more there, but you still won't get graded comp prices. However, if you find yourself thinking that your cards are NM, and the feedback you're getting from buyers is that they think it's only VG-EX, you should probably invest more time closely examining graded cards.

I'm not saying you're guilty of each, or any, of these things, but I do think these are helpful guidelines for a lot of sellers. I see people making these mistakes constantly. The majority of sellers in fact. I just ignore their listings and move on. Most buyers do.