View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 09:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBall View Post
Interestingly, the Keystone was only 2% done when canceled. So you are correct.

As to perceptions about current tone, the facts are what matter:

Federal data shows the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for oil and gas drilling on public lands in its first year, far outpacing the Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.

This isn't political spin by them or me or anyone on this board. These are simply numbers.

Nearly 2,000 of the drilling permits were approved on public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management's New Mexico office, followed by 843 in Wyoming, 285 in Montana and North Dakota, and 191 in Utah. In California, the Biden administration approved 187 permits — more than twice the 71 drilling permits Trump approved in that state in his first year.

And there are currently 9,173 approved oil drilling permits that have been approved but are going unused by the oil industry.

Meaning that the oil companies here at home could be going to town pumping out oil but are not doing so. But more production could lower prices and the profits that the oil companies are currently pocketing precisely because gas prices are high.

Even so, oil production in the U.S. in 2021 (Biden) was on par with 2020 production and exceeded yearly production from 2016-18 (Trump), data shows. Again, no spin and no politics. Numbers.

But why let the facts get in the way of a good story about the current administration killing oil production? Maybe the current administration wants to, but they sure haven't done so, which actually has led to angry press releases from environmental groups. So they've managed to anger both their own constituents and those of their political opponents.

But take heart, at least oil company execs probably are using all their newfound cash to buy expensive baseball cards and contribute to increased card prices, right? This last statement is pure speculation, of course. Maybe they prefer buying comic books and NFTs of cartoon gorillas more than cards!
First, let me deal with the bold text. Yes, it is meant to be political because I know the left-leaning BS source of information for your post (see screenshot below). Nice copy and paste skills by the way.

Second, yup those are real numbers, but the numbers don't tell the entire story. Do you want to dissect those numbers? How many of those were new permits? How many of them were permit extensions? You do know a drilling permit only lasts 2 years in most states, don't you? You also know that sometimes it is more profitable not to drill, don't you? You also know that sometimes permits are issued on land that has no producible oil and gas, don't you (it's leverage used against competition)? Drilling permits only cost a few hundred dollars and a lot of time they're obtained just as a game for one reason or another.

Last, as I stated earlier in this thread, I've spent the last 15 years in the oil in gas industry. I don't know everything, but I know a lot. Please tell me what industry you work in so I can school you all about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBall View Post
Nearly 2,000 of the drilling permits were approved on public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management's New Mexico office, followed by 843 in Wyoming, 285 in Montana and North Dakota, and 191 in Utah. In California, the Biden administration approved 187 permits — more than twice the 71 drilling permits Trump approved in that state in his first year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drilling Permits.JPG (49.5 KB, 209 views)