View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 11:14 AM
Dave

Default LOL! No More Unpaid Item Notices (UPI's) on Ebay

Apparently this is old news from last year.

I've been selling on Ebay for well over 20 years, and this is new news to me...so I figure it might be new to others on here.

Found evidence on the Ebay forums that they had phased this out last April or so, for some unknown reason.

I went to go send a UPI (Unpaid Item Notice) on a bidder who won an auction 6 days ago and hadn't paid or communicated, and couldn't find the button anywhere to do so. Finally found a "File An Unpaid Item Claim" on the "Report A Buyer" page...and it reverted to a "Cancellation Request" page instead.

I don't want to "Cancel", I want the buyer to either pay for the item or get a UPI mark against them.

At least 80% of the time in previous years, when I sent the UPI notice to slow-paying bidders, they would finally come to their senses and pay. Now Ebay has taken away that tool.

Ebay apparently just wants me to quietly suck it up with a smile I guess.

I don't know if Ebay ever actually cracked down on reported Non-Paying bidders, especially since they made it so easy for d-bags, shillers and degenerates to easily request cancellations while they were openly interfering with auctions, but at least it helped you put in blocks for bidders who had a regular habit of not paying for auctions.

Hell, maybe I'm the last one to discover this, but figured others should know if I'm not.

Ultimately ineffectual Rant Over.