View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 02:29 PM
Ian H@ll

John, amazing Waddell portrait! I saw lots of nice tobacco cards, and that one is excellent.

I went after work on Friday, so I got there by 5:30. It was busy. Not crazy, but busy. You could walk up to just about any table and say hello, check out the cases, ask on prices. By about 7:00, you could tell fatigue was setting in, and most of the people behind the tables were starting to get that glazed-eye exhausted look. I was only there for 2 hours, so I didn't see every table. I did spend some time talking with Howard (hcv123 on net54). Knowledgeable, friendly, and a very passionate Clemente collector. Nice inventory spanning tobacco, all the way to vintage. Some nice hockey cards too. I was able to grab this one, the only card I bought on Friday. A real beauty.

I went this morning with a friend. Arrived a few minutes before 9:00 and as someone else mentioned, the line to enter the show was wrapped around the room 1.5 times!! We walked around until about 12:00 and tried to stop by the areas of the room that I had missed on Friday. It was MUCH more crowded than Friday. Difficult to pass through the aisles. Not just browsing either. There was business being done at just about every table. I imagine this is a great show for dealers. When we walked upstairs to grab a bite to eat, there was another 100+ people lined up to buy tickets. Just an amazing showing that is a great look for the strength of the hobby.

Here were my finds today (sorry for the modern, but Duncan and Wade seem to be underrated):

As for what you'll find there? Nearly everything. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey, F1, wrestling, unopened, vintage, pre-war, raw, mid-level graded, high-end graded, pennants, memorabilia, LOTS of oddball items (I saw Rose postcards!). Prices are strong, but for the most part, not unreasonable. And as always, just ask on price...you never know what the answer will be. If you don't ask, the answer is already no. I was even able to make a trade (for the 74 Ryan & 69 Mays), which I know can be an interesting subject around dealers. And if a card is nice for the grade, it will be priced accordingly, and that's the way it should be.

Totally worth the time spent to get there.
Sold to: Sean1125, sayitaintso, IgnatiusJReilly, hockeyhockey, mocean, wondo, Casey2296, Belfast1933, Yoda, Peter_Spaeth, hxcmilkshake, kaddyshack, OhioCardCollector, Gorditadogg, Jay Wolt, ClementeFanOh, JollyElm, EddieZ, 4reals, uyu906

Last edited by rugbymarine; 03-09-2022 at 03:00 PM.