View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 10:17 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
The younger crowd seems to be a little more focused on modern rather than vintage. The monumental increase in prices in vintage though are definitely not going unnoticed.

I do think there are plenty of younger people, like myself, who are strictly in this for Hobby Purposes. I do not know how long the current boom is sustainable for. I do think the impending lockout could shift the tide again on the hobby, especially if it dips into the regular season. Players and Owners are so far apart at the moment.
James,

That makes sense. I got into the hobby for the modern collecting. Let's just overlook the part about 1967 being modern for now. ;-)

But there was never a hook for a quick buck either. Actually there was but it was on the front end trying to get money from my parents so I can run to the local store and buy more cards. No consideration ever for selling anything, just trading to get sets complete. That seems to be a lost art in many ways.

Net54 not withstanding as I do see that happen here and have been a part of that aspect too. Always nice to see someone complete a set, and even more fun helping someone reach that goal too.

I am happy to have your interest in the hobby it is fun and as you can see addicting vice. There are worse things.....

Cheers,

B. T.

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.

Last edited by butchie_t; 12-21-2021 at 10:18 AM.