View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 08:31 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
I'm waiting for Topps to buy it and cut it into 25 pieces, inserting it into relic cards. Then 25 more people could say "I own (part of) a T206 Wagner!"
I was going to toss this idea into the ring myself... except that I would have presented it as a legitimate suggestion.

After all, it's now becoming a "thing" where you have people buying "shares" of collectibles... for example, the British Guiana One Cent Magenta postage stamp, the most valuable item in the world in terms of weight. And I'm not saying this to be snarky, because I myself own one share...

Told ya!

Anyway, the thing is that even though I own a share of the stamp, I don't have physical ownership, whereas if this specific Wagner was used to make relic cards, everyone who had one would have actual physical ownership of their piece.

I'm not saying I endorse the idea, I was just going to throw it out as a suggestion... but I see that it wouldn't go over too well in this forum, so I'm just going to shut up and sit down.