Thread: REA results
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 09:23 PM
Jon Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
I was merely a spectator this round, mainly trying to get some sort of comps on a few cards of mine, and I was pleased all the way around!

Here is what I was watching:

1909 T206 Cobb Green PSA 2 - $8,700
1910 E90-2 Wagner SGC 1.5 - $10,200
1915 CJ Cobb SGC 2 - $27,000
1915 CJ Jackson SGC 3 - $52,800 (I seem to get buy requests on this card weekly)

The biggest one that I was biting my nails on was the 1899 M101-1 BVG 2.5 Wagner rookie. It was low teens until later on in the last day, finally fetching $38,400. This is nearly triple what it did when it last sold in 2015, esp. when you take into account the tax paid on this vs. no tax paid back in 2015.

My M101-1 Wagner (though BVG "A") is the nicest looking copy of it I've seen, and ever since I picked it up a year or two ago, it has been that one piece that I always figured had the potential to be a chart topper of some sort. I think future sales will prove me right - it is definitely on the right path! Definitely one of those pieces when I show people, they 1) don't know what it is and 2) are shocked that such a beast exists!

While I would've been much happier with a 100k sale, I'm happy the bvg 2.5 came close to 40k. Such a cool, cool piece!
I was the underbidder on the '15 Cobb CJ. I can say (from my own perspective) that I was bidding about $7k over what I thought the value for a '15 CJ Cobb "2" was based on the eye appeal of that Cobb. I think the same can be said for that Jackson - it was a stunner for the technical grade.

I also can't agree more with you about the CJ Jacksons. I average about 5 "would you sell it" requests per month, although most of the unsolicited offers I get on mine are circa 2015 prices. Go figure!

Last edited by canjond; 12-06-2021 at 09:25 PM.