View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 05:19 PM
Mike Lenart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASF123 View Post
eBay buyer etiquette question: I just received a card that was shipped in a soft sleeve, between two pieces of paper (not cardboard) in a plain envelope. It was not an expensive card (about $10) and the seller only charged $1 for shipping. But I would have expected at least some protection - a top loader, a padded envelope, or cardboard backing. Any one of the above.

The card arrived undamaged, fortunately, so all's well that ends well. The seller only has 18 feedback, all positive, so I don't want to drop a neutral on him as all the other elements of the deal were fine. But should I send him a private message, just as an "FYI" for what appears to be a new seller, or is that considered obnoxious?
Most of my ebay sales are single cards I ship in a PWE. I charge 60 cents. The card is put in a penny sleeve then a toploader secured with a piece of removable tape. Then I protect with light cardboard on both sides inside the packing slip. I have done this for years with no issues from buyers or the post office.

When I started selling on ebay over 20 years ago, several buyers gave me tips or suggestions. They were very helpful so I think you should do the same.

Mike