View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 05:49 PM
Travis K

Default Roberto Clemente Signed Baseballs

Hey everyone. I'm typically a card guy, but I picked up 3 Pirates Team balls (all have Clemente auto's on them) over the weekend at an antique store. I'm going to send them in to PSA for authentication, but as I was going through the options, I became more confused on which options to select for these three balls. It appears my options are:
1. Authentication only
2. Authentication plus grading

None of the balls are perfectly white (slight yellowing/browning on each).

The first ball pictured is incredibly nice with sharp signatures from most of the players, and the Clemente auto is incredibly nice. According to the paperwork on this ball, it is from the Pirates 1960 World Series year. If I get this graded, can I get just the Clemente auto graded or is the ball graded according to all the autos and condition of the ball?

The second ball pictured is very nice, but not as good as the first. The Clemente auto is very solid, but not perfect.

The third ball pictures is the worst, but still not bad. The Clemente auto is isn't quite as sharp as the first two balls.

I'd love suggestions on whether I should get one or more balls graded or should I simply authenticate them? My goal is to sell them so the purpose of the grading would be to increase their value.

I can post more pics, but didn't want to "muddy the water" with all the different angles of all the balls.

Thank you for you input!
Travis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4588.jpg (73.1 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4590.jpg (74.3 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4589.jpg (72.9 KB, 443 views)