View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 04:03 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Welcome to the world of EBay

This is also why some buyers will charge over market value.

Because many uneducated collectors/investors will happily pay it.
Uhhhh... I think you might want to reevaluate your definition of "market value"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I've bought and sold on ebay, many times over the years. Perhaps the recent card boom has brought out a crappy new crop of buyers. But over the past 20 years, I would say there are a lot more bad sellers than buyers.

So many (countless) sellers hide flaws, lie about condition and conveniently leave things out of their pictures and descriptions. And some of their packaging/shipping methods defy all logic.
This ^^^

So many bad sellers. The annoying thing now is that eBay removes valid negative feedback now. Negative feedback rarely sticks in eBay anymore. They realized that if they just delete all the negative feedback that buyers have more confidence in making purchases on eBay. I had a seller list a card as mint condition that showed up with no less than 3 creases on it. Seller fought me and refused to accept a return. EBay customer service got involved forced him to accept a return. So I shipped it back. Tracking showed delivered but eBay's system had a glitch that wouldn't connect the tracking status to the case number, so seller tried again to keep both my money AND the card now. Had to prove to ebay that it was delivered weeks later after he refused to refund. Let negative feedback. Poof, it was gone a few days later. Dude has 100% positive feedback now despite being the shit of the earth. This is happening in the vast majority of cases now. Ebay just removes negative feedback.