View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 05:15 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKilroy View Post
Jackpot. This is exactly right. So many avenues to move cards these days, the leverage is just not there. Which also goes with the other point that trading with dealers is not advantageous or preferred. Most trading I see is between people walking around. Another reason why I don’t understand the term “trade value” these days. I value a card for exactly what I could sell it for when it comes to trading for something I want. If they bump up for “trade value”, then I will too… so I don’t see the point.
Agree in this era its my belief that the AH's now have most if not all of the leverage. It's my belief that maybe some of the big auction houses also have leverage over the TPG's in terms of pricing and turn around times.

Although I know this for a fact over the years some people only go to one show during the whole year and they bring lots of cash for one reason and one reason only to spend money on the cards at the show. Most are not going to come back with the cash they want the cards. I've seen a lot of stupid buys over the years at the National, that show has the most leverage for the dealer.

Last edited by Johnny630; 09-07-2021 at 05:36 AM.