View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
I understand what you are saying. I have spoken to others on the phone with extensive knowledge and their opinion is the price is the key. Regular-season games were 50 cents and you can see where they added the $1 to the front of it in offset type to increase the price, which they would have not done for a regular season game, even opening day. I appreciate the input and opinion, this is just what I have been getting in private conversations about why all others I have spoken to believe it is indeed a World Series ticket.

No need to apologize for appearing negative, I appreciate all information and opinions, not just ones that fit what I hope it to be Your input is much appreciated.
I have chatted with some of the top WS ticket collectors as well before I provided the feedback. The price also could be related to a seating area in the stadium?? The '1' is interesting as well as I have seen a number of different numbers on these tickets and perhaps it was a higher price also for Opening Day. I don't have evidence that the number correlates to a game number, but would love to see that.

I think the real answer may lie in research from old archives from the city of Chicago or older sports pages that may indicated what indeed this is. Super interesting find and I would love to hear what else you find out that may confirm or deny what it is.