View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 05:24 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
This is why I truly believe that someone at PSA is taking money under the table for favorable grades. I've said it for years, I'll continue to say it.

Nobody in their right mind is going to spend $100 or more hoping to just slip one past the graders. If you're going to spend that kind of money on something that's fake (or been altered), you have to know you're expecting something in return.

FWIW, the cert number no longer appears in their database, so at least they removed that. Unfortunately, that doesn't remove the card from circulation.
I think it's more likely that the submitters are submitting out of a genuine lack of knowledge. That's exactly what happened with the CJ Mack. The submitter really didn't know much about CJ's but submitted it to get PSA's "expert" opinion. He was very open to sharing everything about his submission. It was 100% PSA's mistake.

I'm sure that I'm not quoting it correctly but this axiom applies. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson