View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 04:56 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Hogwash has been washed out of my condensed version of their description:

"Graded GD 2 by PSA. Hall of Famer. "Sweet Caporal - 150 Subjects/Factory No. 25" back. Offered here is a properly authenticated and numerically graded specimen of this great rarity which was purchased by our consignor's father during the 1960s/70s for his personal collection. There are faults, taking the form of spaced, horizontal creases, a small smudge or two, and the expected corner wear. Other well-circulated copies of this fabled card have emerged in the hobby's past, and have received an equivalent numerical grade. Every card has its tales, and this one brings more to the table than most."

Brian
I desperately wish AH would describe their items like this, without all the literary BS. I think a lot of people who do the write-ups are really full of themselves. When I bid on an auction, I want to know its condition, whether it's original or altered/repaired/restored, and if there is interesting provenance, that too. That's it. I don't need a sales pitch nor do I need a biography of the player.