View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 06:05 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
I was still left with about 75,000 cards when I was talking to a friend who happened to be an oncologist at a children's hospital. He said that the kids would love to have some of the cards. That's when I decided to donate the rest of the cards to the hospital. That to me was worth a million dollars.

It also opened up my eyes. I said to myself that if I want to make a little extra cash, then maybe I should try to sell vintage cards. That's what I did and am still doing it for 18 years.
I donated 40,000 cards to the YMCA about 2005; told the director to give them away or auction them, I could care less. I left in some big name stars so the kids would be excited to get a card of someone they knew. I was young, a bachelor, and knew I could never unload those cards any other way. I walked away stress free. Now I look back, and I think, "Maybe I'd have liked to have maybe 100 of the cards I gave away." But it's somebody else's problem.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo