View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 05:50 AM
Howard Chernick

This reminds me when I first started selling on eBay and knew very little about the value of cards. I thought I saw this great deal on eBay for boxes of cards. There were 100,000 cards for about $250. I said to myself, that I would sell each card individually and get rich off of this. I bought the cards.

The day of delivery, there was a 16 wheeler parked outside of my house. They started bringing in box after box of cards. Had no room in my house, so I had them laid out in my garage. All I kept thinking, that this is my golden ticket.

I started going thru the boxes and all the cards were from the 90's and early 2000's. I started listing them on eBay and they were not selling. The few that sold, went for a penny. I then realized that this was not a good time period for cards and decided to not sell these.

I started breaking them up into smaller boxes and posted on the bulletin board at work that I was giving out free baseball cards. People started showing up that I never met before at my job. It started to move pretty quick so I posted one box per person. I discovered that some people started sending their coworkers to pick up more boxes for them. That's when I said, no more.

I was still left with about 75,000 cards when I was talking to a friend who happened to be an oncologist at a children's hospital. He said that the kids would love to have some of the cards. That's when I decided to donate the rest of the cards to the hospital. That to me was worth a million dollars.

It also opened up my eyes. I said to myself that if I want to make a little extra cash, then maybe I should try to sell vintage cards. That's what I did and am still doing it for 18 years.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard