View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 10:56 AM
Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
They are a tough call.

The current thing in the hobby is against restoration, almost any depending on who you ask.

But these have at least one probable issue that won't be good for the cards long term. The spotting, like on Davis, Leach etc. is probably mold or mildew. It may be dead, but an expert would have to look at it. If it's live, or dormant but could come back with some moisture - Like general humidity- it will spread, slowly, but it will. Maybe even to other items.

I'd think that a professional cleaning* of the surface to remove accumulated "stuff" and addressing the probable mold. (It could just be dirt spatters, since the stains look like water damage. ) would be ok.
I'm not sure I'd go after the stains, to me that's just a bit too far.

*If they were mine I might try it myself, I've done a few things, and would try one if the images are printed. If they're actual photos, I'd leave it to a professional.
I handled the cards with gloves and they are all 100% dry, but I personally agree that addressing the potential mold growth is a must for them which I consider completely separate from removing the staining. I don't think there should be any negative view toward making sure rare items like these don't waste away.