View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 11:19 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhusker View Post
It could depend what you are attempting to trade it for-What's your bro offering in trade?
He is my younger brother and usually always gets the best of me...haha.

Back in 1991ish I had a really nice 1961 Roger Maris...an accountant friend of mine HAD to have it, and I wasn't in the market to sell (still pre-internet, wasn't easy to get a card like that!). I still remember the call where he begged me to sell...I said, what do you have in trade? He said, I have a 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan they are calling a rookie, and a Jordan signed SI magazine I personally got in an elevator. I wasn't interested. (I know...). I told my brother about my crazy friend and he INSISTED I do the trade...not for the Fleer card, but the autographed magazine. I said then I want your 1965 Pete Rose...done deal. We pulled the three way trade...everyone was happy...

We just talked about that trade...he STILL has the magazine...I have a couple of 65 Roses, but not that one...the 86 Fleer card? He turned around and traded it for a used pair of Air Jordan shoes...that he wore out long ago. Wish we still had the "forgotten in the deal" Jordan card!!!

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03

Last edited by Harliduck; 03-26-2021 at 11:20 PM.