View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 08:08 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Fun time....Show-n-Tell us of experiences pulling cards from wax-packs in your youth

Some of the fondest memories from my youth are from the year 1949. There were some great movies that year..... The Sands of Iwo Jima, Samson and Delilah,
Twelve O'Clock High, The Monte Stratton Story (Jimmy Stewart does an excellent portrayal of a BB pitcher in the 1930's....check-it-out).

It all began with the 1949 LEAF cards, then followed by the 1949 BOWMAN cards. My memories of collecting these BB sets are still clear in my mind. I've written
articles on the LEAF set and BOWMAN set (read about them in the OLD CARDBOARD, Issue #9....and BASEBALL CARDS MAGAZINE, Spring 1983....respectively).

............ extremely rare 1949 PCL wrapper .................................................. ................... regular 5-cent 1949 wrapper

. . . .

........................ Rookie card ........................

V---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Rookie cards ------------------------------------------------------------------V

4th Series....complete 36-card sheet

Hey Guys,

Thanks for sharing your fond memories with us of when you started collecting Sportscards in your youth. And, let's continue hearing some more stories.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 03-20-2021 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Corrected typo.