View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 04:16 PM
Lenny and Carol LaCroix

Default ebay scam experience

I sent an 18K gold ring to a guy in Dorchester MA. He had a few postitve comments. His name BTW is Tam Tran. Shortly after he received the $500 ring, he asked to return because it was too small.
Soon after I pulled from my PO box a plain envelope with a return address from Quincy MA. From Tony Lee
Inside was a broken rubber vacuum belt, nothing else, with a tracking number attached. No signature required.

Soon after that, ebay refunded his money because he uploaded the tracking number. He did, in fact, get a refund.

When I questioned ebay they gave me my money back because I had required a signature and he had not used my offered seller paid return policy.

They told me the refund to the customer came out of ebay's pocket. ???
I still have the envelope and vaccum belt. US mail fraud comes to mind. But this guy got away with it. They refunded his money before even talking to me, as soon as he put in the tracking number.
Today I sent out a card valued at $145 to a buyer with zero comments. You bet I put a signature required, insured shipping on it. With the recent rise in
card values and publicity attached, I'd be VERY leery to send such a valuable card.
Best, Lenny