View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 01:15 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I realized that last night as I was turning in for bed, and figured I'd chase it down this morning.

PSA does it because with the red flip, they verifed the card is Authentic as well as the auto. It's a different service type than the old blue flip (which went to red flips with TRADING CARD at top) last year. Some blue flip cards like 1963 Topps Pete Rose RCs in BLUE FLIPS with "1963 Topps" at the top of the flip ARE COUNTERFEITS, so the confusion led to them putting TRADING CARD or REPRINT CARD at top instead. I'm sure many people were defrauded based on the way they used to do this, probably still are.

So the Pop Report I linked should be accurate. I am not sure that your Blue Flip example is included in the 2 listed there, but I don't think it is. PSA does weird things. You'd have to get confirmation from their support staff. Even if yours is included, it doesn't mean all of them are. PSA is very inconsistent for such a "Professional" company.

Add: Looks like Ashburn died the year this released, which would explain why there are so few of them.
John:

Thanks again for your input. In the link provided to the PSA POP report :

https://www.psacard.com/pop/baseball...ostcards/43382

The PSA Certified only shows 1 graded a 10.

If you click on the PSA/DNA Certified it shows 2 but both are only AUTHENTIC. My flip says PSA/DNA Certified so don't know why my 10 is not included. Unless it is as you say PSA is very inconsistent for such a "Professional" company.

FWIW I know of only two other 10's not sure if PSA Certified or PSA/DNA Certified but at any rate there is another 10 not showing up.

And YES, the Ashburn is the KEY to the set