View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 08:51 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
Like others, I started off with cards, and moved on to what I consider more interesting things. I never liked the idea of collecting sets — who needs 10 Wayne Terwilligers? I like type card collecting, but at some point I found myself chasing tiny and uninteresting black and white cards. It feels liberating to stop focusing on anything. I simply buy what I like, with an emphasis on how well it will display. At the moment, most of my searching is for caps, jerseys, pinbacks, autographed programs and display boxes. I just created a website for my memorabilia at: www.chris-counts.pixpa.com
Love the site! You have many nice pieces. As strange as it may sound, I think the vintage boxes are among my favorite. Lately, I have looked at a few Hartlands. Those boxes are so neat to just look at, and then there's the statues ��. The colors/graphics that were used then are very attractive. Like you said, I am thinking about how items display. I have a small sports room, and I want to start focusing on filling it. In my younger days, I dabbled in memorabilia. Not sure when, why, or how I went all in on cards? I still enjoy them, but I want nice display items that provide a variety.

There is a universe of stuff out there that I like (Hartlands, photos, programs, pinbacks, etc.) and find reasonably affordable. It is amazing how relatively inexpensive many of this is. I just don't have deep enough pockets to play the pricey graded card game forever, nor do I want to. That's another liberating aspect of memorabilia...no slabs, no TPGing, no plastic. So many items you guys get are really unique and not a dime a dozen, and it's not always about a particular grade or condition. It is also fun reading lots of old threads on the various types of memorabilia I am interested in. You guys are fountains of info!

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 08-20-2020 at 08:53 PM.