Thread: T206 Subsets
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 07:09 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default All - SOVEREIGN sub-set

This sub-set was a really interesting experience. It took me approx. 11 months to complete this set of 402 different SOVEREIGN subjects.

I always favored the GREEN colored T206 backs. So, I figured a SOVEREIGN set would be relatively easy to complete, since there is no Wagner, Plank , Joe Doyle Nat'L, Magie,
Demmitt or O'Hara (St Louis variations), Lundgren, and no Southern League series (48 cards). Well, I was very mistaken. The SOVEREIGN set was quite a challenge in itself.
Besides the 55 above noted No-Prints, I had to determine which other T206 cards were NOT printed with SOVEREIGN backs. The total number of SOVEREIGN No Prints is 122.
I am pleased to report to you that my list of No-Prints have withstood the test of time.

Furthermore, the Six Super Prints (which Scot Reader identified in his great book "Inside T206") where introduced when American Lithographic printed the SOVEREIGN cards.

Shown here are the Six Super-Prints with their SOVEREIGN 350 backs and their SOVEREIGN 460 backs......

. .

TED Z

T206 Reference