View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 07:20 PM
Chuck Whisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Does anyone know the start date for the signed cards?
Sorry I haven't been on sooner to reply - we've been very busy working on the next auction (and it will be insane). There is a massive amount of signed cards in the auction that goes live on July 26th! So very soon you will be able to see everything. The auction that goes live on July 26th is focused on autographed cards, specifically 1933 signed Goudeys including 2 Babe Ruths & a Lou Gehrig (171 different cards from this set and many are Pop 1), 1934 Goudeys including Lou Gehrig (34 cards from this set and many are Pop 1), and a total of 59 signed Play Balls from 1939-1941, as well as many other examples of signed autographed vintage cards. There are also single signed baseballs from Walter Johnson, Honus Wagner, Frank Frisch, Ty Cobb, Pie Traynor & Thurman Munson. Also, some iconic Type 1 photos of Ruth, Gehrig, and Mantle!

There was a comment about the Jackie Robinson 1949 Bowman card. Let me just say that they card's color, corners, and edges are amazing! The centering may be a little off but it seemed and felt like it was printed yesterday as it did not seem to ever be exposed to light or air as it was tucked away. I had no idea that the color of the 1949 Bowmans were supposed to be so bold and how clean the card stock is supposed to be! Also, some of the unsigned Goudeys in the current auction just pop in color and have great surface, corners, and edges - so some people are likely bidding on them based on their own assessment of grade as there are some that may seem a little under-graded.