View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 12:47 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire View Post
It was exactly because of this thread that I made sure I stayed home from work when the mailman was due to deliver a pretty expensive card the other day.

It was sent with signature required, but sure enough when I got to the door my mailman was already leaving it on my porch...and to make it worse it started pouring rain about an hour later. If I had not made a point of being home, I would have had a very pricey card sitting outside in the rain for hours.

I definitely understand WHY they aren’t having people sign. And I care about the safety of our mail delivery people. But I feel like they should just hold those items at the post office until the recepient can come sign.
I had the same issue twice.So I asked Mailman and he said with Covid and no contact Mailman has some discretion. He knows me well and knows I am retired and get my mail soon after it is delivered.
Like Ted Z I only ship via Priority mail 3 day and Overnight if card is over 5k. ( only used 3 or 4 times).I have not had any issues shipping this way. And stats show that Priority boxes are safer than First class packages.
Sorry you had an issue and hope it works itself out.
J