View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 12:55 AM

Wow Greg, I'm astonished by your observations. Yet again, you have presented a convincing case of a pennant series and/or common manufacturer.

I had not realized that these select name-on-the-body pennants were made by the "sliding runner" mystery maker. The "sliding runner" maker is of great interest to me. While they only made a small quantity of these name-on-the-body pennants and only for certain teams, they sure made a lot of these sliding runner pennants.

I'm stumped as to who this maker was; but, I'm quite certain it wasn't Trench. Many of the "sliding runner" pennants have no tassels and are monochrome. Trench was offering polychromatic graphics by the 1940s; and, except for a handful made in the year 1959, they always used tassels through 1970.

In addition to the "sliding runner" baseball series, this same maker also made an equally popular football series, which we may call "the Heisman" series. I'll let Fballguy tell you how common this design was in the 1940s....

Whoever this mystery maker was, they made a ton of pennants in the 1940s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image (12).jpg (13.7 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg image (11).jpg (17.5 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg image (76).jpg (13.4 KB, 318 views)