View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 09:23 AM
Joe Gonsowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1880nonsports View Post
Joey boy - that first image is sweeeet!! I'm going to have to find something you need badly! More interesting than the stamping to me is the irony of the angled pose the man took with the righting stand behind him that serves to keep him still AND those green tinted pantaloons - well 'nuff said. Obviously it's more about the aesthetics to me.
Thanks Henry I was very happy to win lot #1, it is an interesting and well preserved tintype. I'm sure we both have great items to trade, let's keep those items safe for a bit and talk later

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
Joe, congrats on the pickups! Wasn't this an amazing auction?!
Yes indeed Corey, great auction material. I likewise had some interest in the Anson tintype as Marshalltown is about 40 miles from my home, neat little town. Congrats on the pickup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
Funny no one posted this auction until it was over.
Hey Mike, probably several reasons but I too was surprised it received no mention. I did share it with a couple friends but the response was "not interested in tintypes". Some likely didn't want competition, others feared retaliation for outing auction, not a paid advertiser, etc. I would have missed it myself had a couple friends not brought it to my attention.
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers