View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 03:00 PM

Default My personal T206 subset...

I realize some folks collect the entire set, a team, portraits, backs, etc. As a newbie, I've wondered the best way for me to really get going (besides the pick up here and there of a card). I think I found my gateway. Hear me out (I'm so excited to type this up)...,,

In 1911 and 1912 the Detroit Tigers spent their spring training in my hometown in Louisiana. The ballpark is no longer there, it's now an empty field. I drove by it this weekend. So, my thought is, cross reference the roster of that 1911 team to a list of T206 subjects, and that will be my jump off point. T206 cards of players that played in my hometown. From what I have read so far, Ty Cobb did not travel to these Spring Training games, but I plan on digging up some box scores and may have to go to the local papers for that if they are available to dig deeper. So far, just a cursory check it puts me at 16 cards that are Detroit Tiger players when the cards were issued. There could be some players on the 1911 squad that were on t206s on a different team when issued.

any feedback/ comments?