View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 07:40 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I haven't been switched yet, but I have talked to at least a dozen sellers who have switched to managed payments, and all of them seem to like it. The downside is that most of the payments come through credit cards, and the payments are then paid to your bank account, so you don't have money building up in PayPal like you normally would. Also, if I understand correctly, your selling fees are taken out from each payment, so you don't have a big payment to eBay at the end of the month.

People can still pay you with PayPal, but the default will be a credit card, and you have to click an additional link if you want to pay by PayPal. It is different, but it seems to work fine.

As to the poll, why would I quit selling? I get a nationwide audience, the fees are much cheaper than the fees for setting up at a show, and, even though eBay has a million small glitches that can be trying, it is a good system. My sales have never been so good, and 99% of the customers are easy to deal with. Plus, I get huge postage discounts by printing the eBay/PayPal shipping labels.
Rick, are you setting up a separate account specifically to deal with this, or will you give Ebay access to your main checking account?