View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 09:05 AM
Michael Fried

In the late 1960s, I acquired a lot of ancient holed cast coins of Korea from the estate of the grandchildren of a missionary who brought them back to the United States in the late 1870s. I spent over two years researching and identifying more than 3,700 hundred different ones. Only about 10% of them were known from the period of the several centuries they covered. I even make detailed drawings. Besides my extensive independent research, many collectors provided invaluable information and incite on the subject. I had thought we all understood that the work was soon to be published for benefit of us all, with the contributors receiving free copies of the final product. At the request of Edgar Mandel of Coral Gables, Florida, who claimed to have some significant information, I sent a near final working draft. In response, he published it as its author and offered it for sale at a high price. None of us, not even I, received a free copy for our contributions.

Copyright 2020, by Michael Fried, P.O. Box 27521, Oakland, California 94602-0521

Last edited by abctoo; 05-28-2020 at 09:18 AM.