View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 08:12 PM
Tim Odeen

Default Circa 1939-1940 Cincinnati Reds

I love the other thread going on about the Cincinnati Reds. Awesome items. But I wanted to get a thread started that looked more specifically at a small window of time and players: '39 and '40 when the Reds went to back-to-back world series against the Yankees and Tigers. You can post items for any player or manager associated. For instance, you might have items for Hank Gowdy before or beyond these years.

I try to focus my collection on this era, especially on flat items, because I don't have a lot of space to hold and display my items. So many of them go into a scrap book.

So, to kick it off, I wanted to share the Reds version of the World Series programs. I do not own the Yankees or Tigers home programs. I think both programs are beautiful, patriotic, and well done. I especially love the incorporation of the '39 season theme recognizing 100 years of baseball, and the opening of the Hall of Fame.

If someone has the Yankees or Tigers versions, I'd love if you posted them. The Yankees '39 cover is also a beautiful cover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 05-22-2020 at 08:16 PM.