Thread: NSCC Update
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 05:09 PM
DR
David R@tliff

OK - I'll offer my 2 cents.

I think they should cancel this year's show already, but waiting to end of May I don't believe changes the outcome. I can almost guarantee a ton of the dealers are going to opt for their year out.

I also think most collectors who haven't booked the travel already will be pretty hesitant still to book it. Unfortunately, location this year also contributes to the issue since you can't really get to AC direct from anywhere unless you're driving. I'm in Texas, so it's a hassle to get there regardless of the pandemic and other issues.

Also, economics of unemployment and other similar issues also won't help in robust attendance.

Then you've got the issue of getting the autograph guests to reconfirm attendance? How many of them may opt out?

That's just too much administration to cover in my view. If it does actually go on, dealer and attendance will be severely impacted I'm sure. Why take the risk? Believe me, I'd love for the show to go on but I also know that's wishful thinking because I seriously doubt I would go at this point.

Realistically, this year's location also contributes additional issues beyond what's going on in the world right now.

As far as future sites, I don't mind Chicago because it's easy in and out. I was surprised how much I didn't hate Cleveland. I wasn't really looking forward to AC again, just because of transit considerations.

I would like to see another west coast again - I remember 2006 Anaheim fondly, and it's not that bad in and out of there and the other stuff to do let's families plan vacations around it.

I wouldn't mind a return to Houston/Dallas, but that's just me being a homer.

Don't know what I'd think about Baltimore. Transit considerations would probably have me lean against just because there aren't as many flight options into there.